Sunday 9 November 2014

Book Review: Gone Girl

As a few of you may know I am a writer, not just in the sense of blogging but I write articles for my local newspaper (and online) as well as entering poetry competitions. One of the bad things about loving writing this much is that things like reading kind of fall off the bandwagon! Gone Girl is the first book in about 3 years I've read! I know, that's so bad, I'm actually embarrassed writing it!

Here's a small summary of the book: Nick's wife, Amy,  goes missing on their 5 year anniversary. The crime scene, a diary and internet history all lead to the police and public believing that Nick is responsible, but as the story unfolds and other characters are revealed is he still the one to blame?

ANYWAY...This book is AMAZING! You think you know where it's going then BAM! Plot twist...It's so gripping and I love the amount of detail you find out about each character. I kind of like how it jumps around a character's timeline - it's not confusing as it's quite structured but it makes you feel like you really KNOW the character and what they're like rather than other books where the whole story is set in the present.

I think all the characters in the book are relevant and have an involvement in some way or another in the storyline which I like because I don't like reading about characters in books which don't seem to have an relevance to the actual story!

As a non book reader of about 3 years I REALLY recommend reading this! Next stop for me will be watching the film - woo!

Abi :)

4 comments:

  1. I watched the film of this and thought it was amazing, the twists are absolutely insane!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this a couple of months ago I really didnt understand the ending it as per usual when I read books. So I watched the movie and understood it.

    www.animalfreebeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving me a message! Expect a reply soon!:)